Location: Charlotte, NC
Industry: Plastics, or Industrial
Position: Quality Assurance Manager
Plazit-Polygal Group is recognized worldwide as an industry leading supplier of plastic sheeting, accessories and systems. By way of our global manufacturing footprint, our products are sold to a wide range of industries and markets throughout the world. Charlotte, N.C. is the home of the Plazit-Polygal North American headquarters as well as the U.S. manufacturing operation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the focal point of all quality related matters.
- Handle customer complaints; identify route cause and provide corrective actions.
- Execute quality control oversight according to planned goals and objectives.
- Handle internal quality incidents.
- Handle quality incidents related to inbound raw materials from vendors.
- Perform incoming inspection of raw materials to ensure compliance.
- Perform quality training to various audiences within the organization.
- Perform periodic internal audits; Assist with coordination and administering of external audits performed by certifying bodies and customers.
- Handle all matters related to certifications and regulations.
- Ensure all measuring devices and instruments are calibrated according to industry best practices.
- Develop processes and procedures that facilitate continuous improvement opportunities.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or industrial related field of study.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a Quality Manager / Quality Lead in an industrial environment; previous experience in the capacity of Senior Quality Technician or Engineer.
- Proven record of managing customer complaints including interaction with the customers.
- While performing the duties of this job you may be required to intermittently sit, stand, walk, lift up to 50 pounds, use hands to handle or feel parts/equipment, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend at the waist, talk and hear. You may also be required to use close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and peripheral vision.
- High competence in MS Office tools: Power Point, Excel & Word.
- Proactive, able to plan activities and execute accordingly.
- Independent, self-starter.
- Ability to multi-task within multiple interfaces.
- Ability to impact other disciplines and employees that are not directed by Quality Assurance.
- Ability to present clear data, trends and statistics to management.
- Effective communicator with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work with a highly diverse group of individuals.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability insurance
- Retirement plan – 401k
- Paid time off
- Sick time off