Production Planner Job Description
Production Planner will plan and establish production schedules to meet customer demands. He will develop production plans in accordance with sales orders and forecasts, plant capacity and material availability. Responsible for monitoring and scheduling all production work orders, as well as adjusting dates to match the production and orders schedule. This role is a key strategic one within the organization.
The production planner is part of the supply chain grouping and required to work closely with customer service, production and purchasing managers.
Assigned responsibilities and duties:
- Responsible for scheduling, processing and monitoring all production work orders
- Monitor and help with production output reports
- Manage daily production schedule and adjust dates to match sales orders schedule.
- Assess production needs based on current inventory and the projected forecast, working closely with the Purchasing Team to determine materials needed for production.
- Create part numbers and maintain bill of materials
- Collaborate with quality control, warehouse and other staff
- Verifies material availability for orders released to the production floor.
- Plays a key role in maintaining data integrity in the manufacturing system’s database.
- Provide back up for warehouse inventory control specialist when needed – issue work orders, inventory movements and shipping documents
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
JOB QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s preferred, Apics certification preferred
- Experience in manufacturing, production planning, production management, inventory control or related
- Computer skills including Excel, Microsoft Office, ERP / MRP (Manufacturing resource planning) system
- Solid math skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse environment with all levels of employees.
- Extremely detail-oriented, proactive and dependable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to shift priorities as well as maintain focus in a high-pressure environment.
- Plastic industry experience a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Scale: Hourly, bi-weekly Working week: 8am – 5pm, Monday to Friday, 40 hours weekly with overtime as needed
Please send resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org